Christian Bale Says “Another Batman Movie Is Possible”
The Dark Knight Rises star Christian Bale has said that he would be open to making a fourth Batman movie with the genius director Christopher Nolan.
The upcoming third and final installment of Nolan’s superhero series, currently being promoted is indeed expected to be his last. However, Bale who has said in the past that he will not play the iconic superhero without Nolan and that he would enjoy the “challenge” of pushing the Dark Knight story further.
Bale told Empire magazine:
“My understanding is that this is the last one. I think it’s appropriate, I think it’s going out at the right time. But… if Chris came to me with a script and said, ‘You know what? There is another story’, then I would love the challenge of making a fourth one work.”
Last month, Nolan has indeed confirmed that he still intends to leave the Batman franchise after The Dark Knight Rises where he said:
“Without getting into specifics, the key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story. And in viewing it as the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story… is useful.”
Warner Brothers Chief Jeff Robinov announced back in March 2011 that the studio will have to reinvent Batman after this final film. Meanwhile Nolan and his wife Emma Thomas have been tipped to produce a future reboot.
The Dark Knight Rises hits theaters in the US and US on July 20.